Few visitors to Perth CBD will miss passing the beautiful St Georges Cathedral on St Georges Terrance. The Foundation stone of the current Cathedral was was laid in 1880 and the church opened and consecrated in 1888.
The striking Ascalon sculpture now takes pride of place in the public forecourt since being opened in April 2011. The sculpture by Marcus Canning and Christian de Vietri is an abstract interpretation of the story of St George and the Dragon. It depicts the triumph of good over evil. Leda Security’s Perth office was asked by Palasiss Architects to propose bollards for the area as many drivers were using part of the forecourt to do effect a 3 point turn.
The eventual bollard selected was the stainless steel Regal stainless steel bollard and sleeves which is lockable and removable so access to area is available in the future to the sculpture. Colgan Industries was the builder and Leda’s client in the installation of the bollards.
The end result of functional and stylish bollards does not detract from the beauty of the area or power of the artwork.